Council of Dads
My Daughters, My Illness, and the Men Who Could Be Me
A moving, illuminating new work from New York Times bestselling author Bruce Feiler that touches on life and death, love and fatherhood, and offers inspiration for us all.
When faced with a life-threatening diagnosis, Bruce Feiler's thoughts turned to his two daughters - who would fill the roles that he had filled as their father? Turning to his close circle of friends, Bruce crafted a "council" of dads to whom he could trust his daughters' upbringing. Get the whole story here!
Now It's Your Turn!
Get started today! Make sure the role of a father is filled for the children in your life. Here's our 'top five' of things you can do:
- Sign up for the free Dad E-mail™
A weekly email chock full of concrete ideas on topics that come up along the fathering journey. Sign up
- Sign up for the free Work-Family Balance Solutions Newsletter
A monthly newsletter designed to help you balance the competing demands of career and family. Sign up
- Check out resources just for dads at NFI's FatherSOURCE™
Browse our selection of resources and perfect Father's Days gifts too! Shop now
- Create a work-family balance plan
Download a PDF for a simple way to get started in setting priorities. Download now
2) Read the book!
- If you haven't already read Council of Dads (Harper Collins, 2010) by Bruce Feiler, buy the book on Amazon.com
3) Create Your Council!
- Download the "Five Easy Steps for Creating Your Own Council of Dads" PDF to get started! Download now
4) Mentor Other Dads and Children!
Check out NFI's Double Duty Dad initiative, aimed at helping fathers connect with fatherless kids and other dads. More info
5) Support NFI's Work
Find out more about the work that NFI is doing in the lives of fathers and donate today. More Info | Donate Now