Games Dads Play
What do steamrollers, bridges, and monsters have in common? Possibly you! We asked the dads on staff about the games they play with their kids - and they had some doozies! Read on for fun (and free!) ideas.
- Steamroller. Lie flat on the ground with your kids to one side of you, and start rolling towards them (like a steamroller) while your kids try to jump over you and get out of the way. Change directions and vary speeds often to keep them on their toes. Works perfectly for kids aged 5 - 9.
- Bridge. Sit in a chair or sofa and prop your feet up in front of you. The goal is for your kids to climb across the bridge - from your lap to the end. Mom can get involved by being the weatherwoman - when she calls for high winds, sway your legs for added drama and fun. Great for ages 2 - 5.
- Monster. So easy, yet so fun for your kids. Turn off all the lights, let your kids hide, and break out your best monster growl and zombie walk. Fun for ages 3 - 9.
- Tickle Torture. No explanation necessary. Let the giggling begin!
- Helpful Games. Dads also recommended the Quiet Game (who can be quiet for the longest time!) and Clean Up Game (who can pick up the most toys!). Beware - kids catch on to these quickly, so use them while you can!