16 Words of Affirmation Your Kids Need to Hear from You!
While you're monitoring the progress of your NCAA March Madness bracket, make sure you're following March Dadness, our game plan for Coach Dad. The bracket starts with Sweet 16 Words of Affirmation.
The words a coach says from the bench, in time-outs, and pre-game huddles all have a big impact on how players perform on the court. In the same way, what you say to your children will influence how they play the game of life, for better or for worse. Your children need to receive regular affirmation, especially from their dad. Don't assume that hearing praise from teachers or Mom or other people is enough - your kids need to hear from YOU.
Be intentional about saying these affirming phrases frequently to your kids.
16 Words of Affirmation Kids Need to Hear from Dad:
- I am so proud of you!
- Good job!
- You are beautiful / handsome.
- You are smart / brave / creative.
- It's wonderful how you demonstrate kindness / thoughtfulness / compassion.
- Thank you for helping.
- You are very good at _______.
- I believe in you.
- You can do it!
- No matter what happens, you can always come to me.
- I will always be there for you, no matter what.
- You are unique and special.
- I'm glad that you are my son / daughter.
- I appreciate you so much.
- The day you were born was one of the best days of my life.
- I LOVE YOU!