knowing your child's temperament
No two children are alike. Each has his or hew own likes and dislikes. Each child has their very own unique "style". Knowing your child's style, or temperament can be a great help in parenting. It can help you know if your child may be getting sick even before you see the first sniffle. Being familiar with your childs temperament can help you understand why they may act a certain way, and even help give you realistic expectations for your child.
What's Your Child's Style?
The Easy Child
- This child can easily handle change. This child doesn't seem to mind a change in people or places.
- This child is "biologically" regular. This child seems to eat, pee and poop on a regular schedule and without much fuss.
- This child's intensity level is moderate. This child doesn't need much to entertain or comfort them.
The Difficult Child
- This child is the reverse of the easy baby. This child is "strong willed.
- This child finds change difficult and is "biologically" irregular. This child seems to eat, drink, sleep, pee and poop whenever he or she wants to or doesn't want to
The "Slow-to-Warm-Up" Child
- This child is shy and is slow to warm up and adapt to change
- This child usually cries when faced with change. But the intensity is low and you can calm this child
This image and other helpful fathering tips can be found in our DoctorDad™ series.