It is easy to get caught up in the "busyness" of life and not spend the time you need with your daughter. Here are some simple ways to show your daughter that you care:
- Read to her and with her.
- Take her on a "Daddy Date Night," i.e., going to her favorite restaurant.
- Join her school's parent association.
- Send her flowers or balloons when you are out of town.
- Teach her to count to ten in a foreign language.
- Pack her a special lunch and put a note in it.
- Play board games that require thinking, not just chance.
- Learn the names of her best friends.
- Have her help you frame a picture of her for you to take to your office.
- Surprise her by picking her up from school and taking her out for ice cream!
- Order pencils or purchase some other fun item with her name on them.
- Work together to memorize a poem.
- Review her spelling words over the phone when you are out of town.
- Give her her own subscription to her favorite magazine.