New Year, New Dad! Questions to help you start the year off right!
As you get started in the new year, Dad, we're committed to helping you fulfill your most important resolution ever: to be the best dad you can be for your kids!
A New Year is a great time to reflect on changes you'd like to make and goals you want to set for the coming year. Use the seven questions below, one for each day of the week, to help you assess the needs of your family and set goals for the coming year.
7 Questions to help you set goals for a New Year:
Question #1: What three things do you want to improve for your family? Write down these things and post them in an area where they can be easily referenced.
- Question #2: What does your children's mother think? Ask her what she thinks of your goals and work together to come to agreement about those goals.
- Question #3: Do you know what your children need? If you're a new dad, or the father of a teenager, you may find your children have different needs. Assess what those needs are.
- Question #4: What was your children's favorite family memory from last year? Ask your children was their favorite memory was and begin brainstorming other similar activities you can do this year.
- Question #5: What routines do you have and what routines do you need? A schedule is beneficial for children and parents, too! Consider stopping unnecessary routines and starting better ones.
- Question #6: Is your family overdoing it? With school and sports activities in full-swing, check in with your family on how they are handling things. Depending on your assessment, consider cutting back or taking on new projects as a family.
- Question #7: Have you set time aside on your calendar? Schedule, at a minimum, one hour a day dedicated just to your children this year. Over the next few weeks, stick to this schedule and see the difference in you and your family as you spend focused time being the best dad you can be!
We wish you good luck and you think through these questions and beginning setting goals for you and your family this year!