Hit the Great Outdoors with your kids this summer!
School's out, summer vacation is here, and everyone is excited to have a little break from the hustle and bustle of normal life. Or...you're stressed out wondering what to do with the kids for three months till school starts again!
Don't worry, we've got some great ideas to help you Get Out
and keep the kids occupied, build memories together, have fun, and teach some character lessons this summer. With the extra free time and the warm weather, summer is the perfect time to Get Out
and explore the Great Outdoors. And what better place to both have fun and learn some important life lessons than Mother Nature?
Each week this month, the DadEmail™
will focus on a specific activity you can do with your kids outside. Make sure you check your email every Wednesday to get these great resources:
- Summer fun activities to help you Get Out
- Character lessons to learn from the Great Outdoors
- Safety tips to keep your kids safe and happy when they Get Out
- Helpful resources to give you ideas and tools to Get Out
- Blog posts from NFI staff members about their adventures in the Great Outdoors with their families
Our Summer Fun Get Out
Activities will include:
And don't forget one of the most important parts of any family activity - food! Food Network's 2010 Grand Chopped Champion Chef Madison Cowan
wrote a guest blog post for us about cooking outside with your family. Check out his expert recommendations!>>
We want to hear your stories from the Great Outdoors!
If you have a fun story about a memory you shared with your kids or your own dad in the Great Outdoors, tell us about it on our Facebook page! Post a picture and tell us what you did to Get Out!
NFI Staff Members are sharing their memories of how they Get Out in the Great Outdoors with their kids or their own dad. Check out their stories on NFI's blog, The Father Factor
- "What Camping Can Do for Your and Your Children" by Mike Yudt, NFI's Director of National Programming
- "A Family Legacy of Camping and Hiking" by Nigel Vann, Senior Director of Training and Technical Assistance for the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse
- "Encourage and challenge your children, but don't push too hard" by Mike Yudt, NFI's Director of National Programming
- "Get Out, Try New Things, Make Memories" by Tim Red, NFI's Director of Military Programming
- "Vinny on the Rocks" by Vince DiCaro, NFI's Vice President of Development & Communication
- "Catch and Release: Like fishing, we have to let the kids go" by Evelyn Hines, NFI's Executive Assistant of Training and Technical Support
- "This ain't about fishing" by Elaine Barber, NFI's Senior Director of Events and Logistics
- "Boogie Board Memories and Sandy Snacks" by Jason Katoski, NFI's Jr. Staff Accountant
- "Crossing the River Together" by Mike Yudt, NFI's Director of National Programming
- "Out and About with Trees ...and Books?" by Ave Mulhern, NFI's Director of the National Responsible Fatherhood Capacity Building Initiative
- "Remember When..." by Blaire Brachfeld, NFI's Special Assistant to the President
Get Connected: Receive Dad Email™ in your Inbox!