Get Your Heart in Shape
According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is the number one killer of men in the United States. This month is American Heart Month and we want to make sure you have the tools to get your heart in check to make sure you live a long and healthy life for your children. The American Heart Association recommends the Simple 7. Check out these seven tips on getting your heart in shape.
- Get Active - Work out 30 minutes a day. Better yet, help your kids to workout, too.
- Control Cholesterol - Limit cholesterol to less than 200mg a day. Check food packages to guide you to better decisions
- Eat Better - Pass on the junk food and go for the fruits and vegetables. This will help your heart and ensure you are getting the nutrients you need to keep you going through out the day.
- Manage Blood Pressure - Get your blood pressure checked and make sure it falls within the normal range.
- Lose Weight - Shed the pounds (if you are overweight) and you will dramatically decrease your risk of heart attack and stroke. Maintain a healthy weight and live a longer life.
- Reduce Blood Sugar - Get screened for diabetes.
- Stop Smoking - This is a no-brainer. You should do it for both your heart and the sake of your children.
Simple 7 is a product of the American Heart Association. For more tips, visit http://mylifecheck.heart.org/Multitab.aspx?NavID=3&CultureCode=en-US