Overview: fatherhood program planning services
As the leader in training and technical assistance for organizations working with fathers, National Fatherhood Initiative has trained nearly 12,000 staff / facilitators in person, plus 10,000 via online webinar, from approximately 5,500 diverse organizations in all fifty states.
FatherSERVICES™ puts our professional staff at your fingertips - through customized technical assistance, program planning, and outreach services to help you engage NFI and your community!
FatherSERVICES™ includes Compression Planning® sessions designed to help you successfully reach fathers and grow your programs. We can work with your organization to develop customized solutions to help you expand your reach and increase your success.
Contact Program Support here to get started with FatherSERVICES™ today.
Customized Technical Assistance
Get FREE Technical Assistance via our FatherTopics™ Blog:
Read it and subscribe here!
Building a successful and sustainable fatherhood program in your community is essential for the families and fathers you serve. NFI's technical assistance has helped organizations grow their programs and become more sustainable.
Research shows that NFI's Technical Assistance increases organizations' capacity by 20% or more to serve fathers and helps organizations sustain these programs and services. View the research: Inspiration to Implementation (June 2010.)
Father-Readiness Assessment and Planning™
Consists of a 1 or 2-day site visit, where NFI staff deliver on-site to assist with creating the best combination of NFI resources and offerings to meet the organization's fatherhood programming objectives. During the site visit NFI staff will:
- Identify and assess the organization's "readiness" to train and serve fathers; leverage the Father Friendly™ Checkup to develop recommendations for increasing father readiness
- Focus on core issues that every organization faces (e.g. marketing, recruitment, and fundraising for programs)
- Provide the organization with the foundation for their selected FatherSOURCE™ and FatherSOLUTIONS™ tracks
Jumpstart your fatherhood program or enhance an existing one with Compression Planning®, an interactive planning session facilitated by NFI staff. Available in a half-day, full-day, and two-day session.
- Compression Planning® helps leaders make better decisions faster, through pure-form thinking which separates creativity from analysis
- Compression Planning® results in more effective collaborative time, leading to identifiable and achievable results
- Compression Planning® session output includes design, ideas, and action steps delivered by NFI in an easy to use document for your organization to act on results
Community Engagement and Mobilization Planning™
NFI can conduct a training/workshop to help organizations create a Community Mobilization Approach (CMA) or consult on and assist with conducting and delivering on any of the components of the CMA which consist of:
- Needs and assets assessment
- Planning for and/or facilitating a Leadership Summit on Fatherhood (i.e. NFI can consult on a Leadership Summit plan and could send NFI staff to facilitate discussions or deliver a keynote speech.)
- Creating your local Fatherhood Initiative