The Huffington Post writer Todd Van Luling did something awesome. He compiled a list of 19 Lessons Great Dads Can Teach You About Being a Better Father.
In his article, Van Luling reminds us dads just how simple "being great" can be.
Here are a few of our favorites from the 19 great lessons (in no particular order):
- Be willing to sacrifice your old-school cool...and sometimes your ears.
- Be the guy who shows them the world.
- Use your talent to give your kid something they'll remember forever.
- Understand you won't have all the answers, and be willing to laugh about it.
- Be willing to take your kids along for the ride....
- ...Because the ride doesn't last forever.
We admit a certain bias toward this article (see image #7 re "teaching them how to 'shave their beards'") we still recommend you take a gander and breathe in that fresh reminder from Van Luling: "Be the most awesome dad in the world, but if all else fails, just dance."