Bad Dads of the Bible: 8 Mistakes Every Good Dad Can Avoid shares eight stories of fathers in the Bible who make mistakes and reveals how a dad can know how to avoid—or sometimes handle—these same mistakes today.
We know that more than 24 million children live apart from their biological fathers. With little to no preparation, many dads are consumed by worry of failing parenthood and sadly end up quitting. Bad Dads of the Bible equips dads by learning from the mistakes of others and offering encouragement and hope. Watch this video for more details and keep reading to get the eight "bad dad" mistakes...
The 8 Mistakes Every Good Dad Can Avoid are as follows:
- Bad Dad Mistake #1—David: He was paralyzed by his past failures
- Bad Dad Mistake #2—Laban: He made his children compete for his affection
- Bad Dad Mistake #3—Jacob: He turned a blind eye to sibling rivalry
- Bad Dad Mistake #4—Saul: He made it difficult for his children to honor him
- Bad Dad Mistake #5—Abraham: He abandoned his child
- Bad Dad Mistake #6—Eli: He failed to discipline his children
- Bad Dad Mistake #7—Manoah: He failed to tame his child's talents
- Bad Dad Mistake #8—Lot: He pitched his family's tent near temptation
Bad Dads of the Bible examines each of these mistakes and gives today’s dad advice on how to avoid them. Should a dad have made some of these common mistakes, this book will give you practical advice and an easy-to-follow roadmap to help you repair your relationships with your children before it’s too late.
Can't view the above video? Click here.
As you study the examples of men such as Abraham, David, and Eli—men who loved God deeply—you will learn from their missteps. More importantly, this book can serve as a an encouragement to help you take action now to be the best dad you can be.
Each chapter includes Reflection, Correction, and Connection sections at the end to help you apply what they have read, as well as a “Good Dad Promise” to pave the way for future good parenting decisions.
Note: this book isn't just for the Christian dad. The fatherhood principles you can learn from this book are timeless.
Bad Dads of the Bible Give-a-way!
We're giving away 10 copies of Roland's new book. Be among the first to download the first chapter of Bad Dads of the Bible and you could win one of 10 copies for free. Once you download the first chapter, you will automatically be entered to win this book. Winners will be hand-selected and contacted by email.
Question: What's one tip you would give a dad to help him not make one of these "bad dad" mistakes listed above?