[Not Yet Available for Purchase]
Take your fatherhood program to the next level with the 24/7 Dad® Key Behaviors Workshop!
This workshop helps fathers develop a set of behaviors that will help them become the best fathers possible. It’s great for any father (whether they’ve participated in 24/7 Dad® or not), and you can deliver it in as little time as one day (8 hours including lunch break). You can facilitate this workshop with groups of fathers or with only one father (i.e. one-on-one).
Fathers who participate in this workshop learn the importance of developing and applying the 12 key behaviors of the 24/7 Dad. It contains a total of 7 sections. The first 10 behaviors, in sets of two, are associated with one of the five characteristics, or traits, of the 24/7 Dad as described in that program:
- Caring for Self
- Fathering Skills
- Parenting Skills
- Relationship Skills
The last two behaviors are “bonus” behaviors fathers develop after they develop and apply the first 10.
The Facilitator’s Manual for the 24/7 Dad® Key Behaviors Workshop is unique among NFI programs and booster sessions in that it includes separate guides for facilitating it with groups of fathers and with only one father. The separate guides take the guess work out of its use one-on-one!
Program Delivery & Length
Delivered in a group setting by a facilitator(s), or can be used one-on-one and in a home-based setting.
- 7 Sections: Sections 1 and 7 are 1/2 hour, sections 2-6 are 1 hour (both for facilitating with groups of fathers and one father at a time)
- Can also be facilitated as a 1-day workshop in 8 hours, including a 1-hour break (e.g. for lunch)
The 12 Key Behaviors:
- Works with an Accountability Partner or Partners (Self-Awareness)
- Reflects on a Weekly Basis (Self-Awareness)
- Takes Care of Physical Health on a Regular Basis (Caring for Self)
- Takes Care of Emotional/Mental Health on a Regular Basis (Caring for Self)
- Develops Skills that Reflect His Role in the Family (Fathering Skills)
- Models Healthy Masculinity (Fathering Skills)
- Disciplines His Children in Healthy Ways (Parenting Skills)
- Nurtures His Children (Parenting Skills)
- Communicates Well with Mom and Their Children (Relationship Skills)
- Builds and Maintains a Good Relationship with Mom (Relationship Skills)
- Pays It Forward (Bonus)
- Engages with His Community (Bonus)
- (1) 24/7 Dad® Key Behaviors Workshop Facilitator’s Manual with Workshop Guide: Contains instructional information to easily facilitate the workshop with groups of fathers and with only one father.
- (10) 24/7 Dad® Key Behaviors Workshop Fathering Handbooks: Fathers use and write in it to participate in activities (extra handbooks available for purchase).
- (10) Quick Reference Cards: Perforated tear-out inside handbook front cover, fathers can keep as pocket cards to remind them of the 5 characteristics of a 24/7 Dad® and the 12 key behaviors.
- (1) Thumb drive (flash drive) Contains:
- (2) PowerPoint® Slide Decks: One for facilitating the workshop with groups of fathers and one for facilitating the workshop with only one father
- (5) Videos to be used during workshop sections 2-6. (Note: these are not videos that facilitate the program for you.)
- Customizable Marketing Posters/Flyers, Postcards and Press Release
- Commitment/Reminder Card
- Customizable Satisfaction Survey (fathers complete at the end of the workshop)
- Customizable Completion/Graduation Certificate (fathers receive at the end of the workshop)