Resources for Dads
The Ultimate Guide to Connecting with Your Child - eBook
Designed for the dad of a school-aged child or teen to help connect on a deeper level using questions and conversation starters.
Growing Up: Child Development Tool
This free interactive tool helps you learn what to expect in your child's growth and development, from birth to 18+ years. You can also take notes and save for your next visit to the pediatrician!
As an involved father, you know how to be a great role model. Our Double Duty Dad™ Guide will help you become a mentor to a child in need or to another dad in need of help on his fathering journey.
Data on the Consequences
of Father Absence and the Positive Impact of Father Involvement
Download the latest social science evidence on the problems father absence causes for child well-being and the positive impact that father involvement has on children and society.
Pop’ Culture: A National Survey of Dads’ Attitudes
The survey reveals important, detailed information about today's fathers and their attitudes towards parenting, marriage, and relationships.
The 100 Billion Dollar Man: The Annual Public Costs of Father Absence
The federal government spends $99.8 billion dollars every year on programs - such as child support enforcement and anti-poverty efforts - to support father-absent homes. Learn more in this important study.
Resources for Organizations
Determine just how father-friendly your organization is. From your staff attitudes and opinions, to organization look and feel, to intake forms, assess how father friendly you are so you can take steps in the right direction.
NFI Programming Copy Blocks for your Fatherhood Grant Proposals
Our programming copy blocks help you save time on writing grant proposals or other documents requiring descriptions of our fatherhood skill-building programs and offerings.
White Paper: Mapping Father-Involvement Programs and Resources to the Protective Factors
Prevent child maltreatment by addressing the DHHS ACF protective factors using fatherhood skill-building resources to increase father involvement and reduce the inter-generational cycle of CAN.
Featured Fatherhood Program and Resource Samples
Want a peek inside before you buy your fatherhood program and resources? Need to present your proposed fatherhood programming to your Board of Directors or Manager? Download samples of some of our most popular products.
The Father Facts™ 6 - Sample
Complete with the latest statistics on families and fatherhood, Father Facts™ 6 is the reference manual for those interested in promoting responsible fatherhood.
24/7 Dad A.M. - Sample
24/7 Dad® is the most comprehensive fatherhood program available with tools, strategies, and exercies for fathers of all races, religions, cultures, and backgrounds.
24/7 Dad Program-Related Resources
10 Steps to Getting Started with 24/7 Dad®
Thinking of starting a fatherhood program, but not sure where to begin? Use this guide to get started with 24/7 Dad®, NFI's core fatherhood program, learn how to begin, and be successful.
InsideOut Dad® Program-Related Resources
How to Run InsideOut Dad® in Jails (or other short-term stay facilities)
Use this guide along with the InsideOut Dad® Complete Program Kit to learn how to run this evidence-based program, designed specifically for incarcerated fathers, in jails or short-term facilities.
A father gets a second chance: An inspiring story about a dad who attended InsideOut Dad® classes while in prison, and the life of is son Xavier, was changed forever.
Helpful Links for Organizations
- BoardSource - Dedicated to advancing the public good by building exceptional nonprofit boards and inspiring board service. BoardSource strives to support and promote excellence in board service, is the premier source of cutting-edge thinking and resources related to nonprofit boards, and engages and develops the next generation of board leaders.
- Board Cafe - A free electronic newsletter for members of nonprofit boards of directors.
- Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP) - A public policy, research and technical assistance organization. CSSP works with state and federal policymakers and with communities across the country. We rely on data, extensive community experience and focus on results to promote smart policies that improve the lives of children and their families and achieve equity for those too often left behind.
- Gliffy - Provides online diagram software
- Innovation Network - A nonprofit evaluation, research and consulting firm that shares planning and evaluation tools and know-how. They provide consultation, training and online tools.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) - A federal site offering research and evaluative resources around substance abuse.
- Policy for Results.org - An online set of tools for focusing policy strategies on achieving measurable results for kids and families. This website provides research-based policy strategies shown to achieve the targeted results.
- Grants.gov - A federal site where you can search for grants currently being offered and access grant writing resources.
- Office of Management & Budget (OMB) Circulars - Provide direction on federal budgeting and expensing for nonprofits, education institutions and state, local and Indian Tribe governments.
- The Fatherhood, Marriage, and Families Innovation Fund - In 2005, Congress established a five-year, $150 million program of grants for Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood. 2010 is the last year of funding for these grants. With the current grants coming to an end, the Administration has proposed a more comprehensive Fatherhood, Marriage and Families Innovation Fund as a successor initiative.
- Foundation Center - A subscription based website that offers research on foundations, including family foundations and other tools for grant seekers.
- The Grant Center - Search for all types of grants.
- The Grant Station - An online funding resource for organizations seeking grants throughout the world. Providing access to a comprehensive online database of grant makers, as well as other valuable tools, GrantStation can help your organization make smarter, better-informed fundraising decisions.
- The Grantsmanship Center - Offers a variety of trainings such as The Grantsmanship Training Program, Earned Income Strategies and Competing for Federal Grants.
- Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training (GIFT) - Provides a range of training programs and webinars to help you raise money from your community. Additionally, they offer articles and subscription based services to aid in your fundraising efforts.