NFI Mission & STRATEGY
National Fatherhood Initiative's Mission: To improve the well-being of children by increasing the proportion of children growing up with involved, responsible, and committed fathers.
We strive to ensure a brighter future for America's youth. By equipping and educating fathers, we're working on an issue that is at the core of our nation's well-being.
Learn more by watching this video:
Can't view the above video? Click here to watch.
To accomplish our mission, we use what we call our "3-E Strategy":
1) Educating and Inspiring all Americans
We're working to educate all Americans, especially fathers, about the important role dads play. There are four key tools we use:
- Media Appearances: We appear regularly in TV, radio, and print media, including The Oprah Show, The Today Show, Fox News, the Washington Post, the Washington Times, and others. View recent media
- Research: We produce a wide variety of research on the effects and costs of father absence, including Father Facts 5, the largest collection of research ever assembled. View research
- Website: Through www.fatherhood.org, we reach thousands of individuals. Sign up for our Dad Email.
2) Equipping organizations and fathers
By working with local, state and national organizations across the country, we reach fathers at their point of need with skill-building resources to help them be the best dads that they can be.
Our fatherhood skill-building resources are used by a wide variety of non-profit and for-profit organizations in all 50 states in a few key sectors:
- Community-Based: Organizations that are the backbone of our local and state communities, including YMCAs, schools, Head Starts, family resource centers, and others. Learn more
- Military: All branches of the military are using our resources, in the United States and overseas. Learn more
- Corrections: Our programming is used in pre-release centers, long stay facilities, youth programs, and prison ministries in all 50 states. Learn more
FatherSOURCE™, the Fatherhood Resource Center, is the online hub of NFI's equipping efforts. All of our resources can be purchased through www.fathersource.org.
We also equip fathers directly through a variety of programs and initiatives, including:
We partner with a variety of companies and organizations to raise awareness, create unique and groundbreaking programs, and reach as many fathers and families as possible.
Over the years, we've partnered with hundreds of key organizations, companies, and associations, including: FranklinCovey, National PTA, NBA, NFL, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, FedEx, National Head Start Association, YMCA, and others.
As a part of our engaging efforts, each year we recognize a devoted military father with the Military Fatherhood Award™. Click here to learn more about the Military Fatherhood Award™, including past sponsors and awardees.
Please help us with our important work. Donate Today.
Learn More about our 3 E Strategy Below.