CURRENT ADVOCACY INITIATIVE
National Fatherhood Initiative believes that federally-funded, community-based organizations running fatherhood programs need funding not only for service delivery, but to procure "capacity-building" services and training. Capacity-building services and training allow organizations to become more effective in their service delivery, and help build higher-quality organizations. The need and demand in the field for such services is high, but current federal fatherhood legislation does not provide the critical funding for it.
The sustainability of these community-building and life-changing fatherhood programs depends on the provision of capacity-building funding.
INDIVIDUALS: Help us tell Congress and the White House (using the widget below) that the next round of funding for fatherhood programs (which comes through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families legislation and is administered by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families) should allow entities receiving funds to use a portion of their funds for critical capacity-building services.
ORGANIZATIONS: If your organization would like to endorse this idea, please visit this page, where you will fill out a form to be listed as an "endorsing organization" alongside National Fatherhood Initiative.
The following organizations have signed on as official "endorsing organizations" of the current legislative advocacy initiative. Click here to sign your organization up.
- Aliquippa Council of Men and Fathers
- American Values Network
- Care Net Pregnancy Resource Center
- Children's Aid Society
- Christian Heritage Children's Home
- Clean Slate America
- Daddy Builders Network
- Family Service Rochester
- Forward Christian Center
- Greater St. James Community Recreation & Education Center (CREC)
- Healthy Start Federal (Father Service Program)
- Living Stones International
- Male Empowerment Network (M.E.N. Inc)
- Men's Health Coalition of Middle Tennessee
- Mission Gate Christian Center
- National Fatherhood Initiative
- Non Absent Fathers
- Nonviolence Works, Inc.
- Pinellas County Health Department
- Refined By Fire Ministries
- South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families
- Upright Youth Zone Mission, Inc.
- Weingart Center
- Women’s Health Center of Duluth
- Y2K Academy CDC