Capacity-Building Workshops Overview
National Fatherhood Initiative's Capacity-Building Workshops provide solutions and best practices designed to help your fatherhood program succeed and thrive. These workshops are essential if you are looking to create new programs and services for dads or to enhance your existing work with dads.
Get the training you need with our interactive Capacity-Building Workshops!
Our interactive Capacity Building Workshops include the following:
- An expert trainer who will provide 1/2, 1 or 2 full days of training, customized to your organization's needs
- Promotional flyers for any training you open up to the public
- Helpful support from our events staff, who are happy to answer any question and assist with important logistics
- Training materials and handouts needed for participants (not including curricula)
Plus, facilitators receive free quarterly technical assistance through helpful eNewsletters, filled with programming updates, ideas, best practices, and other exclusive information!
Workshop Topics Offered
The 7 Bright Spots to Designing Your Fatherhood Program
The 7 Bright Spots to Designing Your Fatherhood Program™ is a fun, highly-interactive one-day workshop that teaches a simple, flexible approach to the design of fatherhood programs and services…but not just any fatherhood program or service—your program or service. After all you know better than anyone the challenges you face and the opportunities that lie in front of you. You will also have the opportunity to network with and learn from others who face similar challenges and who also have a strong desire to serve fathers and their families.
NFI has scoured the country for nearly 20 years in search of the “bright spots” that individuals and organizations have discovered to create exceptional fatherhood programs and services. NFI has identified 7 of these community-invented solutions that we have shared with thousands of individuals and organizations across the country. We’ll share them with you and help you determine which of them and how many of them you can leverage. But that’s not all. We’ll also teach you the 3 keys to discover and unlock the power of the bright spots that might be sitting right under your nose and in your community. Use these keys to create a unique, exceptional fatherhood program or service that meets the needs of your organization and the fathers, families, and communities you serve.
Social Marketing for Fatherhood Programs
Perhaps the most significant challenges faced by fatherhood programs are recruitment and retention. No matter how well designed your program or service may be, if you can’t get fathers to use it or to keep coming back, you’re wasting your time. Social marketing isn’t commercial marketing. This two-day workshop shows participants the difference between getting people to switch ketchup brands and getting people to change attitudes, beliefs and behavior.
The keystones of social marketing are a consumer orientation and research-driven program planning, design, development, and evaluation. The goal of social marketing is to influence the voluntary behavior of targeted audiences with specific messages, materials, interventions, and services designed to meet their needs and wants. What makes social marketing a unique approach in the fatherhood field is that it brings marketing principles to our understanding of how to influence voluntary behavior. When combined with behavior-change theories from the social science, and with social-science research methods, this approach helps practitioners to create and modify services in ways that are consistent with what clients need and want and to design messages that will overcome individual, cultural, and logistical barriers to behavior change.
- We’ll teach you how to understand what your target audience needs and wants, which forms the basis of what motivates someone to seek out your your program or service.
- We’ll show you how to design materials and messages that tap into that motivation.
- You will walk away from Social Marketing for Fatherhood Programs™ with a solid foundation for marketing your program or service.
- You will have time to apply what you learn to your own program, so no matter which group of dads you serve or want to serve, you’ll leave with a crystal-clear strategy on how to develop a marketing plan.
Community Mobilization for Fatherhood Programs
Community Mobilization For Fatherhood Programs helps your organization learn how to create lasting change in your community by working to engage all sectors of society to increase the number of children who grow up with involved, responsible fathers. Hear about NFI's work with numerous organizations over the years to successfully mobilize communities around responsible fatherhood. During this workshop you will learn about:
- How to raise up new fatherhood champions that represent all sectors of your community
- A needs and assets assessment process you can use to jumpstart a community-wide fatherhood initiative
- Other cities, counties, and states that have successfully implemented the Community Mobilization Approach
Father Friendly Check-Up
The Father Friendly Check-Up™ is a tool to help you assess the degree to which your organization's operations encourage father involvement in the activities and programs offered by your organization. It is a stepping stone to help you successfully engage dads and strengthen the families in your community! This one day interactive capacity building workshop provides solutions and best practices designed to help your fatherhood program succeed and thrive. This workshop is essential if you are looking to create new programs and services for dads or to enhance your existing work with dads. You will:
- Learn to create a father-friendly organization from a holistic perspective by identifying the four areas of focus, and creating an organizational culture that can support exceptional fatherhood programs and services
- Walk away with the foundation for a strategic plan to increase father-friendliness
- No and low-cost tactics
- Information needed to encourage colleagues/co-workers to complete the Father Friendly Check-Up™
- Meet others with a passion to serve dads (network)
- Learn a little more about NFI and how we can help you develop and sustain exceptional fatherhood programs and services
Building Systems that Support Marriage in Fatherhood Programs
During this one-day workshop, you will learn an eight-element system designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to effectively build a system of support for marriage in your fatherhood program. You can apply this model regardless of the type of father(s) served by your existing or planned fatherhood program. You will be able to identify and address key issues such as:
- Agency and staff barriers to marriage support, navigating marriage and public policy, understanding when a father in your program may need pre-marital or marriage guidance, engaging other community sectors and assets to achieve better outcomes
- Along with many other issues that are critical for your program to foster healthy relationships between moms and dads.
Delivery Options and Pricing
NFI offers a variety of workshop delivery options depending on your organization's budget and how many attendees you want trained. Our most popular options are listed below, but we encourage you to contact our programming support consultants at 240-912-1290 or via email for a customized proposal based on your organization's needs.
- One-on-One Workshop: 1- 3 attendees travel to one of our trainers' locations for a customized workshop. Currently, NFI has trainers in PA, TX, NJ, MD. Starting at $2000 for one day workshop.
- Workshop at Your Location: An NFI trainer will travel to your location to train up to 30 attendees. Starting at $3999 for a one day workshop including the trainer's travel.
Contact Us to Get Started
For information on all of NFI's training opportunities or to receive a customized proposal to meet your specific needs, please contact our Program Support Vonsultants via phone at 240-912-1290 or send us an email here.