"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." —Sir Winston Churchill
I trust you enjoyed Thanksgiving with your family. First, there was "Black Friday." Then came "Cyber Monday." Today is "Giving Tuesday!" Whether you shopped in-store or online in the last few days, today is for giving instead of getting!
Giving Tuesday is a movement that started a few years ago to encourage folks to support the causes that are important to them. For this #GivingTuesday, NFI wants you, our dedicated blog reader, involved in generating support for our work to connect fathers to their children.
Here are two ways you can help us make #GivingTuesday a success:
- Share our official #GivingTuesday webpage. Click the share buttons on the left of the page, making it easy for you to spread the word about NFI's page. Share our page with your followers using #GivingTuesday. Here are a few sample posts you can use to share with your followers:
- Need help not overspending this holiday season? #GivingTuesday is here! http://bit.ly/nfigivetues @TheFatherFactor [Tweet this]
- So you wanna "give back"? What are u waiting for? #GivingTuesday http://bit.ly/nfigivetues @TheFatherFactor [Tweet this]
- Take advantage of the post-holiday deals. But spare some cash this year. http://bit.ly/nfigivetues @TheFatherFactor [Tweet this]
- Generate donations to NFI. Go to our online donation page, share it with your network, or make a donation.
- We just delivered over 117,000 resources to 69 Army bases worldwide to build Army dads’ skills.
- We have now distributed over 6.6 million fatherhood skill-building resources.
- We have trained over 13,400 practitioners from over 6,200 organizations on how to deliver our programming into their communities.
- Our program for incarcerated fathers was just listed on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices.