Like cars, your family’s finances need regular maintenance. Get a free 5-point financial inspection today!
Mechanic or not, you probably know the basics of a car safety inspection: Lights and signals, tires and treads, brake system, fluid levels, electrical and safety components. Similarly, you probably know the basics of a financial inspection:
- Are you spending less than you earn?
- Are you saving for emergencies, retirement, and things you need or want?
- Are you buying only what you can afford today (and even trying to buy less than you think you can afford)?
- Are you paying down credit card debt if you have it and limiting or eliminating your use of debt to finance your lifestyle?
- Are you putting a plan in place to protect your loved ones if something happened to you or your spouse?
Unfortunately, we don’t often look under the hood for a good inspection. Like we talked about in a previous post, us dads are often careful about our family's safety; but, when it comes to our family's financial safety, we may fall short. It’s understandable…life is busy and it can feel overwhelming—especially if you’re not sure what exactly to look for!
For the same reason you take your car to a mechanic, brightpeak financial is offering a free financial check-up to all National Fatherhood Initiative readers.
It involves an online questionnaire you can complete on your own terms, plus a follow-up call from a trained financial guide to help you identify opportunities for improvement and an action plan to help you move forward.
Click here to get started! It feels good to get a plan in place and your family might just think you’re a financial genius, too!
brightpeak financial is a division of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, a not-for-profit membership organization of Christians founded more than a century ago, which is based in Appleton, WI 54919-0001.