National Fatherhood Initiative® (NFI) announces a Request for Applications (RFA) for a brand-new fellowship opportunity for 50 facilitators of the 24/7 Dad® program. Selected facilitators will join NFI staff in October 2020 to participate in a retreat in beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. NFI will consider accepting a maximum of two facilitators (staff and/or volunteers) from an organization. If more than one facilitator from an organization will apply, each applicant must fill out a separate application.
The 50 24/7 Dad® facilitators selected to participate in the retreat will become National Fatherhood Initiative’s first group of 24/7 Dad® Fellows. The 24/7 Dad® Fellows designation brings recognition, honor, and a voice to some of NFI’s most dedicated 24/7 Dad® facilitators.
Read on to learn more about this awesome opportunity!
October 6-8, 2020
The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Myrtle Beach, SC
The 50 selected 24/7 Dad® facilitators will come together in a relaxing setting to share their program and facilitation ideas, successes, and pain points with peers and NFI staff.
At the completion of the retreat, each of the selected facilitators will become a 24/7 Dad® Fellow and receive an award in recognition of this achievement, a Fellows Certificate in their name, and a badge to use in print and digital applications.
There is no registration fee for the event and breakfast and lunch are included each day. Selected facilitators must cover the cost of their own travel, lodging, and dinners during the event.
24/7 Dad® program facilitators from any community-based or other entity that serves fathers and families (e.g. nonprofit, faith-based organization, reentry facility, school, state or county government agency, military installation, etc.) who:
- Are employed or volunteer with an organization that currently runs the 24/7 Dad® program (A.M. or P.M. version).
- Have facilitated the program with at least two groups of dads and have taken those dads through all 12 sessions of the program.
- Have a desire to share and learn from their peers.
- Have a desire to help NFI improve the 24/7 Dad® program.
- The ability to attend the entire three days of the retreat Tuesday, October 6th through Thursday, October 8th, 2020 in Myrtle Beach, SC. (See the Agenda at the end of this application for the exact start and end times for the retreat.)
- Have general operation or grant/award/contract funds to cover costs for travel, lodging, and dinners for one or two staff or volunteer facilitators--depending on whether one or two facilitators apply--to attend the retreat in Myrtle Beach, SC. There is no registration fee for the event, and breakfast and lunch will be provided each day. (Please note that NFI will not accept applications from facilitators that must rely on funds that have not been approved for this use by the time the facilitators apply to attend this retreat.)
Deadline for Submissions: 12 A.M. (midnight) Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, March 15th, 2020.