National Fatherhood Initiative (NFI) has always been dedicated to providing resources, training, and technical assistance on how to effectively engage fathers. That’s why I’m so pumped to announce that we’ve taken that dedication further with the launch of our Father Engagement CertificateTM (FEC), an affordable on demand training that focuses on the 5 core competencies you need to make an even bigger difference in the lives of children, fathers, mothers, and families.
What’s Great About It?
The FEC is:
- On demand. Learn and earn at your own pace. Get trained and earn the FEC as quickly as you need, or take as much time as you like.
- Convenient. Always available. No travel, no hassle.
- Affordable. Enough said.
- Fully automated. Get started whenever you want. The entire process from purchase to receiving your certificate is fully automated. No need to email or call staff or wait for staff to get back to you. (Although we’re here if you need us!)
- Valuable to You. Develops 5 core competencies. Increases your effectiveness. Builds further credibility within and outside your organization. You will receive an official certificate to display and an electronic badge you can place on your resume, LinkedIn profile, and other social media profiles/accounts.
- Valuable to Your Organization/Program. Builds organization and program effectiveness. Includes practical advice and guidance that addresses critical pain points (challenges) in serving fathers. Builds credibility with funders. Your organization can promote that it has staff with FECs from the nation’s fatherhood leader.
Who Should Earn It?
The FEC is ideal for:
- Individuals who currently work with, or desire to work with, fathers and families in communities. It’s ideal for fatherhood practitioners and staff in community organizations, social service agencies, churches, prisons/jails, military bases, and more… basically, anywhere there are fathers receiving services or participating in programs.
- Anyone working with fathers on a volunteer, mentor, or consulting basis.
- Anyone who has started, or wants to start, a fatherhood initiative in his or her community.
Which Father Engagement Topics are Covered?
You will learn strategies and tactics not previously released to the public. These are strategies and tactics taught to a select group of nearly 125 fatherhood and family service organizations during NFI's 5-year federally-funded National Responsible Fatherhood Certification College. NFI invested a significant amount of time and funding to develop and hone the curriculum for the college. The FEC distills the most vital content from that curriculum. An evaluation of these organizations showed that they used the same content contained in the FEC to increase their organization’s capacity in the short term and long term to effectively engage fathers. (It also helped them acquire additional funding!)
The topics include:
- Foundational: How to Create a Father-Friendly Organization
- Program Design: 7 Best Practices in Designing a Fatherhood Program
- Recruitment & Retention: How to Think Like a Marketer When Marketing a Fatherhood Program
- Involving Moms: How to Work with Moms to Encourage Father Involvement
- Fundraising: How to Develop a Funding Plan for a Fatherhood Program
Click here to learn even more about the FEC including the content of each training session.
What If I Want Multiple Staff in My Organization to Earn an FEC?
That’s easy. Purchase as many FEC trainings as you need. Our fully automated process does the rest!
What If I Want Multiple Staff in Several Organizations to Earn an FEC?
That’s easy, too. Let’s say you’re with a local, state, or federal agency that has grantees or partners who can benefit from acquiring FECs for their staffs. Or, perhaps, you’re part of a city, county, or state fatherhood or family strengthening initiative that includes multiple organizations as members or partners who could use FECs? Just contact us and we’ll coordinate everything for you for the cost of the certificates you need and an additional, reasonable coordination fee.
How Do I Get Started?
That’s the easiest part. Click here to start the process of earning your Father Engagement CertificateTM. (If you need to pay by purchase order [PO], email us.)